RE: Partial message: Inbetween cohousing
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 09:20:33 -0500
Who is marketing your project and how are they doing it? marketing skills are
key for sucessfully recruiting people. Do you have a marketing plan? Does your
plan adequately define your market? Who is your market and how do you reach
them?

Marketing is not my gig, but I do know that it is a skill, there are books on
it, and whole training courses. I also know that it DOES make a difference how
you market. I went to a presentation of a cohousing project nearby and sat in
the audience. Afterwards, I overheard four different people talking about
cohousing and the project, all in negative terms. The presentation was not
terrible, but not very good either, nobody stayed around to chat afterward and
it was unclear what to do if you were interested other than to talk to the
speaker, who was not terrifically approachable.

So how you do your marketing and knowing who your target audience is are
important skills to have.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood