Re: Reinventing the Wheel
From: Ann Barbarow (abarbarowheel.dcn.davis.ca.us)
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 10:42:46 -0500
I'm all for using what everyone else uses. For one thing, I agree with
whomever said that people's needs just aren't that different. For another
thing, if you spend months designing the perfect wheel to meet the percieved
needs of the twenty households in the planning stages, where does that leave
you when they move in and find that co-housing life is very different than
they imagined? And where does that leave you 5 years later when a number of
those 20 households move out and the new households have very different
needs? You need to design not just for those with you now, but for those to
follow.