Insurance and foundations
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 11:12:24 -0500
I posted this question a few weeks ago, but got no replies, so am trying
again.  It's slightly complicated, but any info would be appreciated.

Part 1:  Do any of you include homeowners insurance in your homeowners
assessment?

Part 2:  If yes, does that insurance include the foundations of the homes?
(We've been told that foundations are often included, but we'd like to
include them to share the risk equally - since some homes are on more of a
slope, or on a wetter area, etc.)

Part 3:  Any details on the above.  Or anyone who is knowledgeable on such
things please share your wisdom.  Replies direct to me would be appreciated
and to the list too if you like.

Thanks!!
Marty Roberts, Two Acre Wood, Sebastopol
As Denise mentioned, we had our groundbreaking celebration on SAturday - it
was a great cohousing event with friends and family as witnesses.
Also former members attended, some of whom are actively involved in two other
communities also building this summer!!