Re: Tornadoes and acre plots
From: Loren Davidson (lorenwombat.net)
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 18:20:40 -0500
At 06:10 PM 5/12/97 -0500, Your friend at: wrote:

>       Also, frankly I do not believe it is wise to make special efforts
>for people to live in apartments.  One to five acre plots per family is a
>better idea.  Should we surrender the rural areas to industry?

Your idea makes any kind of public transit impossible.  Transit requires
10-12 families per acre to be profitable, and the alternative is automobile
gridlock.  Should we surrender our remaining rural areas to suburbia, air
pollution and pavement?

1-5 acres per family for everyone is unsustainable.  According to John
Jeavons ("How to grow more vegetables..."), by the year 2000 there will only
be 1/4 acre of arable land per person available worldwide.

Now, if you're talking family size between 5 and 20...:)

Loren
--
Loren Davidson
loren [at] wombat.net         http://www.batnet.com/beauty/