Codifying decision-making
From: Paul Milne (PaulMmhie.ac.uk)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 07:28:23 -0500
I recently posted a hello re. our fledgling group here in Edinburgh,
Scotland. I got a warm response, and thanks to all.

We have been discussing the decision-making process, and although there
is a consensus that consensus decision making is a good thing and will
be encouraged, there is a recognition that there may be times when this
isn't possible, and so other structures may be incorporated -- interest
groups / sub-committees, executive board, majority voting, etc.

I/we would be very interested in finding out how others deal with this,
and *especially* how it has been codified in any written agreements /
constitutions / what have you.

Big subject, I know, and I'm not necessarily looking for a primer on
the different merits of each (though I'd be happy to listen to whatever
insights anyone has to offer).

Thanks in advance.

--
Paul Milne (paulm [at] mhie.ac.uk)