urban cohousing
From: Ted Simon (simon_tkids.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:01:34 -0500
I am part of Village in the City cohousing in St. Louis.  We are attempting
to locate a site in a well-developed urban area.  Does anyone have any
advice for the types of professionals to help us in site location?  Our
main problem is that all the potential sites are already built up, so we
will most likely have to buy a site with some housing in place and
rehab/fill in.  We are also probably going to have to combine several
properties to get a large enough site.  We have found an architect with an
interest in cohousing to help evaluate the sites, but we aren't having much
luck locating a real-estate or developer type of person to help us with
identifying potential properties to investigate.  Most of these
professionals either aren't interested in this type of project or have a
hard time understanding what we're trying to do.

Ted Simon
simon_t [at] kids.wustl.edu