Re: Strategies to deal with a difficult member?
From: Kevin Wolf (
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:30:56 -0500

Have you tried conflict resolution with a third party mediator. You could 
probably get help from the city or county's conflict mediation service (if they 
have one like Yolo and Davis do).  Sometimes a problem person will improve (or 
move) if they are involved in a good process of clear feedback and mediation.

I hope your community also has a fall back position from consensus so that the 
problem person (and spouce) can not block the community from doing something.  
If it gets to the point where a person is too mentally disturbed to be able to 
reason with, there are other actions you can take.  Throwing a person out is 
probably a last resort if even possible if they are a home owner. 

Good luck.

Kevin Wolf 

Kevin Wolf & Associates           - Consensus Facilitation

724 N Street                      - Water On-Line Project

Davis, CA  95616                  - Strategic and Watershed 

kjwolf [at]              Planning

Phone (916) 758-4211              - Director Bizline, Inc.

Fax   (916) 758-2338       


Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.