Re: COHOUSING-L digest 198
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 12:04:53 -0500
In a message dated 6/28/97 6:47:46 AM, Rob wrote:

>Having group t-shirts is more than just marketing, its a group thing. It
makes

>people visibily identify with being in the group, something that is
>subconsious but seems to enhance peoples sense of belonging. On the surface
>its just a tshirt, but inside peoples head it is a strong message: I belong.

>That is the same pyschology of team uniforms, it seems to work.

We here at Two Acre Wood had T-shirts made to wear as we marched in our small
town's Apple Blossom Parade.  We also had a big banner made with our name and
logo.  It was great fun marching down the main street of the town that we
will build in and identify ourselves as this new "bunch of clowns" moving
into town.  (The parade had a circus theme.)  We got lots of cheers from the
sidelines in a town where our approval process was quite contentious.  We
also wore the shirts for our groundbreaking ceremony and look forward to
having them for many occasions in the future.  The kids look so cute in their
teeny-tiny versions, too.  We opted for long-sleeved shirts as most folks
drawers were full of regular T-shirts.

Marty Roberts
Two-Acre Wood, Sebastopol, CA
**Where we await the final working drawings for city approval.  Bank,
appraiser, sub-contractors, etc. all on notice that they'll be ready "any
day".  Surveyors will stake the houses on Monday followed by grading on
Tuesday (we hope!)**