By-laws
From: Mona Loofs (Mona.Loofsutas.edu.au)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 19:22:25 -0500
Hello folks

We are just going through our group's documents (mission statement,
constitution, policies etc) and are wanting to start drawing up by-laws. I
guess these will become obvious when we move in together and have all sorts
of juicy discussions and conflicts, but I thought it would be a good idea
to find out beforehand what sorts of things we'll be making decisions on.
So what have other groups included in their by-laws - the infamous pet
policy is one, any others???

And how do groups create their by-laws, do they evolve organically or are
they discussed and drawn up before moving in or a mixture of both? How much
evolution occurs as the years go by?

I did try to do my homework in the archives but couldn't find anything
specifically about by-laws.

Mona Loofs
(where we are still waiting to see if the housing department has put the
bid in for our land. "Any day now" we've been saying for the past month...)