Open House - Alchemy Farm Cohousing
From: Karen Schwalbe (kschwalbewhrc.org)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:30:33 -0500
Alchemy Farm Cohousing, located in Falmouth, Massachusetts is having an
Open House, Sunday, July 20, from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.  There will be a slide
show and a site tour, followed by a potluck supper with members and
friends.

Alchemy Farm is twelve households in two clusters on 16 beautiful acres on
Cape Cod.  (Space is still available!)  We have owned the site since 1991,
but just began development and construction this year.  There are 4
households currently either occupied, or under construction.
Energy-efficiency, environmentally sound design, and organic agriculture
are strong interests of community members.  Two of our houses have
photovoltaic electricity, three have composting toilets, and all of our
gardening is done organically.

Our common house is the pre-existing, pre-retrofitted >6,000 sq. ft barn,
with a large auditorium/meeting space, plenty of office space, a small
kitchen, two bathrooms, a four bay garage and more.  We are working on
plans for remodeling the kitchen/dining room, and building a laundry room
this summer.

Our members range in age from just one year to 84 years, including children
of all ages.  Professions range from homemaker to musician, retired to
teacher, research to landscape design.

If you are interested in coming to the Open House this Sunday (or any other
third Sunday, though times may vary depending on the time of year) drop me
an e-mail:  kschwalbe [at] whrc.org, or call: 508-564-4325.

Karen Schwalbe
kschwalbe [at] whrc.org
Alchemy Farm Cohousing
237 Hatchville Road