Re: Newton CoHousing
From: Jack Needleman (needlemahsph.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 08:59:19 -0500
On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Scott Cowley wrote:

> Just out of curiosity...(having lived in W. Roxbury)
> Are any of the Newton units going to be priced under a million ???
> This _ is_ one of the world's wealthiest suburbs.

We certainly hope so!

Our goal is a range of  price points that's market to slightly below
market ($200-350,000 for 2-4 bedroom units) and we're evaluating sites,
construction alternatives, size of units, etc, so that we stay within target.
This is, of course, outrageous pricing, but, incredibly, is something of a
bargain for Newton.

When our cost and pricing estimates get a bit firmer, we'll add the info
to our web site (www.world.std.com/~bbe/ncoho/), and will be happy to
share it by email, phone, snail mail or in person with anyone who's
interested.

We have a meetings July 22 and August 3 at 7:30pm to discuss cohousing in
Newton, including the financing issues.  We invite people who are
interested to come.  For more information on our planned meetings, check
the web site, email ncoho [at] world.std.com or call 617/965-6321.  For child
care, note the number in our original post was wrong and should be:
617/964-8190.

Jack Needleman