Re: CNN coverage
From: Fred H Olson (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:55:51 -0500
While the recent flurry of publicity is noteworthy, it is not the first
national media publicity - the Twin Cities Cohousing Network has long used
excerpts from TV network and PBS publicity. Lately I've used the RCMA
video.  Hopefully this is not the last.  Rob, do you sense that this
may be our 15 minutes of fame and we may not get another chance to be
ready to take advantage of it?

My message "Washington..." listed the points I emphasized:  One other
thing I did not mention in my note to cohousing-L was where to get more
information.  The reporter assured me that there would have a "more info"
box.

The three resources I cited were:
1) the Book
2) Cohousing Mag
3) www.cohousing.org

Note that I discouraged her from giving cohousing-L major exposure,
folks who look over www.cohousing.org and are still interested can
find how to access cohousing-L there.

WRT to Rob's note on not being ready to deal with mass exposure,
at least 2) and 3) have the potential to be updated as times goes by
so referals to new local groups can be updated for example.

BTW the Twin Cities Cohousing Network limps along due (in my opinion)
the dynamic of the originally active folks getting busy with building
their community (Monterey).  I still hold a slight hope that some of
those folks will have a second wind one of these days.  In the mean time
I feel limping along (and maintaining a phone number and address)
is better than dying.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  fholson [at] tc.umn.edu    Zipcode: 55411
Cohousing-L  See www.cohousing.org        and      nbhd-tc  the