RE: CNN coverage (fwd)
From: Cohousing-L listmgr (fholsonmtn.org)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:30:52 -0500
Russell Mawby  Saskatoon  russell.mawby [at] city.saskatoon.sk.ca
********************  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS ***********************

I agree that this moment in the sun can and will help define the public
understanding of cohousing, and so I'd like to ask that the
International nature of cohousing be reinforced - ie., it's in Canada
too!  And in an innovative way, vis a vis  Windsong...

And I'd like to add that the cohousing idea is being applied here and a
few other places in replacement of more conventional thinking about
housing, in particular in dealing with affordable housing provision -
we have convinced the Provincial Government that providing four walls
and a roof is not enough -  especially for low-income households, and
so we are just now embarking on a sort of retro-fit cohousing project
where community amenities are understood as being essential to the
success of the overall project - with some funding to help achieve it.

Russell Mawby
Saskatoon