Environmentally Responsible Land Use Practices
From: mkiefer (mkieferpeabodybrown.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 08:34:16 -0500

     I am an attorney active in cohousing and sustainable development.  A
group I represent, which is starting an ecovillage on a  farm they have
purchased,  has asked me for help in drawing up a land use code--like a set
of recorded subdivision restrictions--designed to promote environmentally
responsible land use practices, such as xeriscaping and use of native
species in site plantings, downlighting, noise abatement, and so on.  These
are practices which work well with cohousing goals. Does anyone have any
examples of such codes, or suggested sources of  more information? Thanks.

                              Matthew Kiefer