Possible national organization function
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:21:22 -0500
Hi - My name is Jessie Handforth Kome.  I'm a member of Eno Commons cohousing
in Durham, NC, and I also work at the U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban
Development and have been watching cohousing for a while for professional
reasons.

One function a national organization might fill would be to establish
relationships with national and regional  affordable housing intermediary
groups, such as The Enterprise Foundation, the Local Initiatives Support
Corporation, the National Affordable Housing Training Initiative, and The
Community Builders.  These groups often have training available to help
neighborhood groups plan and develop their own housing, they have some
funding available for seed money for pre-development, and they have expertise
in building housing affordably.  Links among the national organizations

What cohousing could offer them is an interesting project model for
affordable and mixed-income housing, and community-building and sustaining
expertise.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eno Commons
Durham, NC
"Infrastructure under construction, homes imminent, and still looking for the
rest of our neighbors."