marketing lots vs homes
From: Judy (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 15:58:13 -0500
Rob Sandelin Wrote  (July 28,1997)

<<Folks on the waiting list ..... This is how people have gotten into the scarce
rental  openings we have, by hearing about a future opening (so and so is
moving in  Nov.) and then immeadiately after the meeting connecting with the
landlord for  that space.

3 of the 4 home sales have been the same way. This actually causes problems
because of the competition sometimes. A person will miss the meeting that the
opening was announced, and even though they have been around for quite a
while, they miss out. So far, competition has been pretty substantial for our
built spaces for sale or rent. Its a been much harder to sell lots, we
currently have 3 phase 2 lots for sale, and no one interested so we are back
in the marketing business again. Gaaakk. After being sold out for a almost two
years,  dealing with marketing sucks.>>
I agree, marketing sucks.  It takes a lot of energy.  I'm curious as to why
(I'm sure you have a theory) you think there is less interest in lots.  I would
think that a lot of people would prefer to get to make their own choices - I
know we've lost people because what we have at present is not what they need.
Do people not want the hassle of building?  At least they don't have to be
developers.

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
****remodelling our Common Kitchen******
-- Resident of the "mansion"- the 1st 8 homes in a rehab Georgian building built
as a retirement home in 1924 -
-- 7 new townhouses (additions to the community) are done! - and occupied, one
is left for a Cohouser buyer, move in after June,1998  - 3 BR,
2 car tuck under garage,        $145,000