Re: Pathway Lighting
From: Barbara Keppel (71612.340CompuServe.COM)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 13:24:01 -0500
Green Valley, AZ, has no regular street lights because of a
nearby observatory. Instead, every front yard has a short pole
with a modest light, shielded above so the light doesn't go up
directly into the sky. I would guess that some modification of
this idea would help avoid light pollution while providing enough
light for safety.

Shielded porch lights might be sufficient in some locations,
depending on steps and weather conditions. Doyle St. seemed to
have plenty of lighting when I visited Joani in March. That same
amount of lighting might have been insufficient here in ME where
we are looking out for ice nearly 6 months of the year.

Bobbi Keppel
cohousing wannabe