Police calls
From: Mac Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 11:47:30 -0500
I posted theis message about 10 days ago, but it kind of got messed up
and I haven't gotten too many responses so I thought I'd try again.

One of our ranch neighbors who is one of the county marshals and who is
not too keen on our cohousing community coming in recently stated at one
of our hearings that it is a well known fact that people living in tight
clusters don1t get along with their neighbors and therefore require more
police calls.  I tried to assure him that that was not the case with
cohousing - peaceful resolution of conflicts, etc., but he was
skeptical.

"God damn boy, people just aren1t meant to live that close together!  It
ain1t right."

So anyway, again, I think some good hard data will go a lot further than
my assurances.  Please let me know if anyone in your community has ever
had to call the cops to resolve a neighborhood conflict.

I can1t imagine that there1s EVER been an incident of someone in
cohousing calling the cops to resolve a conflict with a neighbor so I1ve
taken the liberty to draft a response that you can use:

XXXXXXX community has been in existence for XX years and in all that
time there1s never been an instance of a law enforcement official
getting involved in resolving a conflict within our cohousing
neighborhood.

As always, I'll post the results.

--
           Mac Thomson                   San Juan Cohousing
           ganesh [at] rmi.net                Durango, Colorado

 "Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a
rock."
                          - Will Rogers