Re: Police Calls / "isolated neighborhoods"
From: Fred H Olson (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 08:33:27 -0500
On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Alan Carpenter wrote:

> Where in isolated
> neighborhoods (all those that are Not Cohousing) people just yell at the
> neighbors, live in conflict and fear and that is where police need to go
> to.

Alan I doubt that you really meant to imply that ALL non cohousing
neighborhoods are hostile places as you describe.  Certainly some
(many? ) are but traditional neighborhoods range on a scale of
cooperativeness.  Also the people any given neighborhood vary in their
cooperativeness.  Cohousing is unique in that virtually all residents are
self-selected for their desire to live in a cooperative neighborhood and
cohousers are very experienced in discussing and resolving problems but to
imply that cohousing has a monopoly on congenial neighborhoods is an
exageration.

Despite rain immediately before and at the end of the evening our
neighborhood National Night Out had a good turnout last night.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  fholson [at] tc.umn.edu    Zipcode: 55411
Cohousing-L  See www.cohousing.org        and      nbhd-tc  the