RE: Continental Coho Org. - PROPOSED Mission,Goals,Projects
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:24:19 -0500
One approach to this would be to separate wants from needs. There are a lot of
things people want. What are the  actual needs that exist for an organization
that is larger in scope than regional? Based on five years of regional
organization experience, here's my list of what is needed, not necessarily in
order of priority:

A central media contact point
Large scope national media campaign planning
A central information contact point for forming groups (The website)
Communications between scattered groups (The website, journal, cohousing-L,
the conference)
A central repository for resources and information such as sample documents,
agreements, what we have learned. (The website plus hard copies)
Coodination of individual sponsered volunteer projects

So what else do we actually need? I can't think of anything else right now.
So, if this is the complete list, all we need is one full time person, a
telephone number and a computer. Five part time people would suffice nicely.
So I am not sure where all the concern about huge organization comes from.
This seems pretty doable and the existing resources, somewhat modified, can
cover most the needs as I see them.

So what is currently not covered is national media planning and response, a
central library of sample documents, coordination of individual volunteer
projects.

That's my take on what we need

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood
Northwest Intentional Communties Association