EVCC Construction Finished!
From: Joe Nolan (jnolanAdobe.COM)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:00:26 -0500
Hi Cohousers,
I'm happy to announce that EcoVillage Cohousing Cooperative (affectionately
known as "the Frog") has successfully reached the end of our construction
phase! The bulldozers are gone, and all 30 units are now occupied. We have
taken possession of our Common House, and the first official (non-potluck)
CH dinner will be eaten tonight!

I believe we are the first coho project to be completed in NY state. Anyone
know the actual number of completed projects in the U.S.?

Our neighborhood is the first of 3-5 potential neighborhoods of EcoVillage
at Ithaca, which holds a 176 acre farmland site 2 miles west of downtown
Ithaca NY. The roots of the project go back to approximately 1991, so this
was a long-awaited and important milestone for the village. The EVCC acted
as developer, while House Craft Builers of Ithaca was hired as the
design/build team. The 15 duplexes incorporate a variety of energy-saving
features, including a passive solar design and super-insulation.

A second neighborhood group, "SoNG", has been working for about one year
toward developing the next coho cluster at EcoVillage. Please visit our web
pages for more info (although the server appears to be down right now...).

-joe

joe nolan
EcoVillage Cohousing Cooperative
First Neighborhood of EcoVillage at Ithaca (NY)
http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/ecovillage/