Contractor's insurance - HELP!
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 20:50:10 -0500
Hi friends,

We just got another unexpected blow out of the blue in terms of extra costs.

Our contractor has told us that HIS insurance company wants to charge him an
EXTRA $36,000 just to cover doing our project because we are a homeowners
assoc. and I guess that means extra problems.  And of course the contractor
wants to pass the cost along to us.  We are pretty set against having to pay
this if we possibly can help it - one of the reasons to have a general
contractor is so they carry the liability insurance, right?  It is seeming
ludicrous to me for us to pay it.

Anyway,  we are helping to do research to find another insurance company for
him that will be more resonable, and maybe has worked with cohousing.  So,
PLEASE, if you can let me know ASAP of any insurance companies that worked
with your general contractor for a normal charge, it would be oh so
appreciated.  We are very close to signing  a final contract with him  so
need this quick.

replies can be sent to me directly (MartyR707 [at] aol.com) or to the list or
both.  thanks in advance for any help available.

Marty Roberts
Two Acre Wood, Sebastopol
Where grading is almost finished, we picked boxes of pears on the property on
Sunday, and bid packages go out tomorrow (I think!!)  (Please help us ward
off the El Nino storms predicted this winter!! with any methods you know
of!!)