Re: Sanda in Costa Rica
From: Cohousing-L listmgr (fholsonmtn.org)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 22:27:19 -0500
Sanda Everette is the author of the message below but it was posted
Her address in Costa Rica is  icadsst [at] sie.expreso.co.cr

Greetings from Costa Rica where I am beginning the second week of a four
week program at a language school outside of  San Jose.  Yesterday we
visited a housing project, one of many in Costa Rica designed for the poor,
40% single women.  The government helps purchase the land but it is a
private enterprise.  All families must contribute 30 hours/week of labor.
They may not sell or rent their houses.  The community OWNS the community.

I will be returning to San Mateo the end of the month.  Some of you may
recall that we are attempting to develop an urban retrofit type
mini-cohousing project on an inlet of San Francisco Bay 20 miles south of
the city.  Hopefully there will be a website for it soon when Stuart
updates the cohousing pages--for all I know he already has.... There will
be two opportunities coming up to join us next month.  There will be a
wonderful 2 BR apartment available the first week.  It has a great deck,
about 16x16, overlooking the water.  We will also be looking for someone to
share our 3 BR apartment toward the end of the month.  You can write me in
Costa Rica, include my name in the subject or my huband, Brian, in San
Mateo sand [at] bigfoot.com

We look forward to seeing many of you at the cohousing conference in Seattle.

Hasta luego,
Sanda