Re: COHOUSING-L digest 253
From: Zpaiss (Zpaissaol.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 11:28:16 -0500
Zev Here:

Thank you Rob for the excellent description of the philosophy behind Open
Space Technology.

For those of us wanting to either present or hear about a specific topic,
feel free to make preliminary arrangements prior to the conference with
others you feel would be good on that topic.

The basic structure for Open Space is as follows:

1. An overview of the process is described, concurrent session times and
available locations are explained, pre-planned activities are reviewed and
questions are answered.

2.  The group is given a few minutes to write down offerings and requests on
provided sheets.

3. All who wish are given the chance to give a 30 second commercial about
their topic, and provide a time and location for the session and place the
sheet on a large "stick wall" where all activities will be posted.

4. Time is taken to allow us to select our choices by writing our names on
the topic sheets.  This part is often quite free-form as everyone typically
has to decide between too many excellent options.  During this time it is
quite common for sessions to be combined, eliminated, or modified according
to those interested in the topic.

5.  A review of the sessions is made along with any last minute changes.

6.  The agenda is complete!

If anyone on this list would like to be involved with me in the facilitation
of this session, please email me at zpaiss [at] aol.com.

Look forward to being with everyone in only a few weeks!

Zev