Re: Low Income Housing Tax Credits
From: Rowena Conkling (rowenacworldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 08:18:43 -0500
Rebbry [at] aol.com wrote:

> Hello, I'm wondering if any of the cohousing groups have successfully used
> low income housing tax credits as a financing strategy.  We would like to
> discuss this strategy further with anyone who has used it.  Thank you,
> Rebecca Bryant, Ozark CoHousing

Cambridge Cohousing has reached a deal with the Cambridge Housing
Authority to purchase two of our units, a third will be reserved for the
Cambridge Condo Initiative, which provides loans to moderate income
families on a limited equity basis.   Apart from that our financing was
done through the Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation, which was
created toencourage innovative houjsing solutions.

I am about to move so I can't take time to talk more about this  I'll
ask someone who knows more to follow up   .

[I'm about to join the growing numbers of CAmbridge Cohousers who are
currently homeless because of a delay in completing construction.  We
are throwing our worldly goods into storage and mvoing in on our
friends. It would be funny, except a couple of families with small
children may be next and that's more of a problem.]

rowenac