Re: mennonite "cohousing"
From: Scott Cowley (scowleyaclis.lib.utah.edu)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 11:14:57 -0500
My, Rob, it's interesting to see you jump into a "political" discussion.
Why is it that you didn't join the mennonite community ?
Could it be because of their absolutely patriarchal government ?
Could it be because of their totally sexist relationships between men and women
?
Could it be because of their completely isolationist position relative to the
rest of the world ?

I think mennonites have a  lot to be bashful about.
My gripe isn't about some open question among gentle souls.  It is about
historical amnesia.
And I'd like to make our "grace" just a thoughtful meditation, not a christian
prayer.

- Scott