Re: CHRISTIAN COHOUSING III
From: Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob (dmmjwco.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 14:02:33 -0500
On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Al Morel wrote:

> CHRISTIAN COHOUSING ISSUES
> underground.  You may be interested to know that there are many, many
> Christian neighborhoods throughout the country. Informal cohousing if you
> will.

I'm curious about what this means! A neighborhood where many or most of
the homeowners are Christians and those neighbors get together often? Or
a neighborhood where it is difficult for a non-Christian to buy in? (I
must admit, the thought of this raises my Jewish hackles).

On a related note, many of us have been concerned about being accused of
discrimination when selecting our members with regard to diversity or
other demographic goals (in our case, the pursuit of families with small
children)

It seems to me that the most commonly used cohousing model (individual
home ownership) would make Christian Cohousing (or any other "flavor" of
cohousing) quite difficult to pull together without violating fair housing
laws.

Denise Meier
Two Acre Wood,
Sebastopol, California