RE: Definition of CoHousing, Christian CoHo, etc. . .
From: The CoHousing Company (cohocohousingco.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 18:56:54 -0500
>Dear Katie and Chuck,
>
>We very much appreciated your recent attempts to define CoHousing.  We have
>one question, though: If you are the "inventors" of the term Co-Housing,
>what did/do the Danes call it?  Please let us know.  Thanks.
>
>Petra and Richard
>
>petra [at] EcoVillage.ithaca.ny.us
>607-272-4628

Yes, we made up the word back in 1985. The Danes call it "bofaellesskaber"
which translates as "living communities." We didn't think the direct
translation was very catchy and we needed a word for this specific type of
community housing, soooooo and the rest is history.  But there in NO HYPHEN
in cohousing!!!!!!

The CoHousing Company
"Architectural Design and Consulting Services towards the formation of
CoHousing Communities"
email: coho [at] cohousingco.com
web site: www.cohousingco.com
tel. 510-549-9980, fax 510-549-2140