Re: Mtg w/ Rep. Blumenauer
From: Fred H Olson (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 09:11:08 -0500
On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, ann zabaldo wrote:

> My e mail's been down for two days!
>
> I met w/ Rep. Blumenauer (Democrat OR) on Wednesday.  For all of you
> holding your breath hoping he will introduce legislation to finance
> cohousing nationally, you can exhale now.

> Blumenauer's thrust in congress
> seems to be the elimination of federal rules that create disincentives
> in a number of areas chiefly transportation.  Anyone have any ideas?

Ann, thanks for the update.  I've been pondering this since your original
post but have not gotten around to writing.  It seems to me that this
requires extended discussion to arrive at specifics changes to recommend.
The area that I think of is to try to get various existing housing
subsidy programs for low income housing to work for mixed income
developments where only some units need subsidy.

Any chance of posting to cohousing-L a summary of the suggestions folks
sent you?

> Thanks again!  See some of you in Seattle!
Yes, see you in Seattle.

> Best -- Ann Zabaldo
> Liberty Village Cohousing
> annz [at] primanet.com

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  fholson [at] tc.umn.edu    Zipcode: 55411
Cohousing-L  See www.cohousing.org        and      nbhd-tc  the

  • Mtg w/ Rep. Blumenauer ann zabaldo, September 12 1997
    • Re: Mtg w/ Rep. Blumenauer Fred H Olson, September 13 1997