Re: Pulling the Cohousing definition together
From: Rebbry (Rebbryaol.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 15:35:10 -0500
I think we are getting close to a definition so long as we don't forget the
most important point:  Cohousing is about creating safe, healthy*
neighborhoods.  These neighborhoods have 5 common features (Katie's first 5
are good and Michael speaks my mind on the economic base issue.)

*I think the word healthy deals with the exclusivity issue.  Healthy means
diverse from the most fundamental building blocks of life to the more
complex--neighborhoods, organizations, societies. And if we're not aiming for
healthy neighborhoods, what's the point?

Rebecca Bryant, Ozark CoHousing where we are beginning a land search.