RE: Religion discussion on Cohousing
From: Documania (dcmamail1.nai.net)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 09:12:43 -0500
At 04:02 AM 9/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Please don't unsubscribe. This is a relatively low-noise forum, usually, as
>compared with a lot of internet exchanges. If the ones who want reasoned and
>polite discussion sharing and information exchange choose to leave, their
>absence effectively turns the list over to the noise-generators. It's rare
>that it gets like this. Wait it out.

I agree. I've been other lists where it is impossible to discuss anything
intelligently. On this list, I have found the religion discussion to be
well reasoned, dispassionate, informative, and important to the subject of
cohousing in general. The one or two voices that have been overemotional
have nonetheless stated their cases then subsided -- unlike some flamers,
who never back down until they are forcefully ejected from the list.

I myself have raised a few difficult topics and been pleased by how
intelligently, how compassionately people have responded, both on list and
to me personally.

In all, this is an excellent list, and the more people who contribute to it
the better. Lists, in fact, are one of the few places in life where one can
have godlike control: if you don't like something, delete it!

Carolyn Haley
dcma [at] ct1.nai.net