RE: built spaces for kids
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousclassic.msn.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 11:17:11 -0500
Kids are loud, creative, active things. Adults without kids tend to be annoyed
by this, they may expect kids to be minature versions of adults. It is a large
source of unstated conflict, often between elders without kids, and young
parents with loud kids.  Loud kid noise can drive people away from
participating in community dinner. Heck, I'm a parent, and sometimes even I
find the kid noise too loud.

Create a space where they can be loud and not disturb the adults. And as
somebody said, kid noise is exponential. 5 kids are 60 times louder than 3
kids. Its amazing. Also in winter time, kids are going to have a lot of
unexpressed energy to release, so having a big space they can do this is a
good idea.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood
Where the women are strong, the men good looking and children all above
average.