Re: ground rules and coloured cards
From: Mac Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 13:29:26 -0500
Paul Milne from Edinburgh asked about ground rules and color cards.

Here's our Ground Rules which we post at every meeting:

GROUND RULES:
Address each other with compassion.
Silence means agreement.
One person speaks at a time.
No personal attacks.
Share the air time.

We use the color card system regularly and really miss it when we're in
a situation when it's not available.  It took us a little while to get
comfortable with the cards, but now we're fairly good with them.  I
think your concern about how many people do you need before the color
cards are useful is right on target.  If you have around 5 or less
people, the cards are clumsy and unnecessary, but when you get up around
10 or more people they really help control the traffic in a useful way.

--
           Mac Thomson                   San Juan Cohousing
           ganesh [at] rmi.net                Durango, Colorado

 "We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves to be like other people."
                          - Arthur Schopenhauer