Re: Cohousing Elitism
From: Kevin Wolf (kjwolfdcn.davis.ca.us)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:03:58 -0500
Carolyn

I encourage you to build retrofit cohousing whereever you decide to live.
Find the right kind of house in a lower income area, and go for it.  This
is what we did and our housing is the lowest cost in town.  We have
long-term affordable rentals (at least in terms of average price rental in
Davis.)  Built from the ground up co housing is more expensive unless one
is willing to live in smaller square footabe homes/units and utilize the
common house for the additional needed space.  Muir Commons in Davis had
some great low priced units when it began.

Kevin