Re: choosing colors
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 08:00:22 -0500
Hi -

Eno Commons is choosing exterior colors right now.  Although we unfortunately
have to do it in something of a hurry, we spent a couple of meetings setting
criteria - like "Enhance our Durham vernacular architecture", and "Help the
community look cohesive while allowing the unique flavor of each household to
come through" and "Not undermine our passive solar design."  We then hired a
color consultant (an ex-interior designer turned architect) and she used the
criteria to develop three color pallettes (body, trim accent).  Today we're
going to try to weed the colors down to the number our builder is comfortable
working with.  Wish us luck!

BTW, we are explicitly NOT trying to deal with the issue of long-term color
guidelines.  That has been referred to committee.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eno Commons