RE: COHOUSING-L digest 328
From: Landress, Scott (CICG - NY Mortgages) (SLandressexchange.ml.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:32:19 -0600
        Freedom carries with it responsibilities.  Contracts, which go
way, way back, allow people to allocate responsibility rationally before
crises strike.  In arenas like casualty, the potential risks involved
with flying blind far outweigh those of hurt feelings.  Better to deal
with it up front.

> >I am not a fan of legalities and believe that people generally go
> into
> >this type of endeavor with good faith intentions anyway, so a
> "contract"
> >would be unnecessary and perhaps give too much a feeling of mistrust
> or
> >formality.  But this was brought up in our group and will be
> discussed
>
> Not unnecessary at all. A simple waiver of liability should suffice
> and
> would protect your group (and any individuals) for responsibility for
> someone's injuries. As soon as you incorporate, you should get some
> group
> insurance too.  Another thought- if someone would be offended if you
> asked
> them to sign a waiver, then how are they going to feel when you ask
> them to
> sign a mortgage?
> Christopher L. Wood           Iyamwotiam
> mailto:c.l.wood [at] popmail.csuohio.edu
> http://grail.cba.csuohio.edu/~chwood

  • Re: COHOUSING-L digest 328 Christopher L. Wood, November 10 1997
    • RE: COHOUSING-L digest 328 Landress, Scott (CICG - NY Mortgages), November 11 1997