What does an A+ bldg have in common with us?
From: Robert Cooper (cooppanix.com)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:13:40 -0600
OK, this is very silly but I think I have found one of the most interesting
examples of "cohousing" around.

The 10/23 New York Times has an article about "A-Plus" buildings, those
most coveted of co-op apartment buildings in NY, usually on Fifth or Park
Ave. In one building, 960 Fifth Ave (at 77th street), with apartment sizes
between 8,000 to 10,000 sf, and the net worth of the owners being over
$100 million each, the author describes one very striking feature.

At least once a month, they (the residents) all gather in a common dining
room on the first floor for a shared dinner.

I think its nice to see that even the very rich recognize the
importance of building and maintaining community thought shared dining
in a common space.

Maybe we should invite someone from this building to the next
cohousing conference?  ;-)

--
Robert Cooper  Brooklyn, NY | "As your view of the world changes - and
coop [at] panix.com              |  as your customers' view changes - your