Re: Decline of cohousing-L
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 16:19:30 -0600
Rob Wrote:
Having been a subscriber for several years, I seem to notice much less
activity on this list. Used to be a posted question would generate a dozen
replies, and there were a dozen or so built communities on the list.

Lately it seems like there are not many built communties on the list, and
questions don't get answered, so the value of the list becomes less. I sent
out a status post and asked for replies and got not a one. Does this mean
nobody else is out there anymore? Or interest in posting has dropped off? Or
my email isn't getting stuff?

Dear Rob-
I have to say, Yes, thank you cohousers, the activity is less.  And I for one,
am happy, since I can't handle a lot, due to time, and Repetitive Strain
Injury (not carpal tunnel, but related).  My thoughts are:
        1- i hope the archives and the structured index help people.
        2- in those earlier days, I was amazed at how much time people put into
posting information, and i'm not surprised the flow slowed.  Many thanks to
you, to folks from Bainbridge and Sacramento and New View and I don't remember
who.  (alas, i can't remember names)
        3- the list is still useful, I think
        4- maybe many folks in built communities are taking a rest a bit?
        5- re your status post - I hope we'll get some.  We at Monterey are
starting to write, but it will take a while.  I posted yours on our bulletin
board, and we'll get there.  I love your name for "the school around us" or
whatever it was.

Do you remember the last time someone complained of little activity, and the
next few months we had 300 messages??

Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes and 8 coop apartments  in a rehab Georgian building
 built as a retirement home in 1924 -

**** back to appreciating our tunnel from the townhomes to the Common Space in
the Big  building, as the snow flies.

**** starting to think of an "interested people"/waiting list of some kind