Re: The decline of cohousing L
From: Dspreitzer (Dspreitzeraol.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 21:01:55 -0600
I remember a time when list enthusiasts were encouraged to respond to the
person directly, instead of to the whole list. I think this was suggested as a
way to reduce the number of clearly personal posts or ones that didn't have a
broad interest.

I think the fact that the way replies are set up also encourage people to
resond to the person, rather than the whole list.

Finally, believe it or not, I'm shy about posting to the whole list. Most of
the time I reply directly to the individual, unless I have no doubt whatsoever
that my comments are relevant to others (and this doesn't happen too often)
and that I've had time to proof my post for typos.  (How'd I do?:-)   Perhaps
there are others too shy to post?

Donna Spreitzer
Toronto (where we have power and heat unlike our Eastern neighbours) and where
there is no cohousing yet (sigh)...