Re: coho cookbook?
From: Raymond D. Gasser (raygasserdelphi.com)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 21:38:15 -0600
At 02:44 PM 1/14/98 -0600, fassnach [at] ssc.wisc.edu wrote:

>  One thing that could be of help here are recipes from other groups.
>In thinking about this a little bit more, it also occurred to me that
>if a coho cookbook were available, it would give new groups something
>to start with, instead of their having to figure out for themselves
>how long it takes the pasta to cook (stove and pot-size dependent, I'm
>sure), how long to allow for stir frying, -- or just what kind of
>meals work and which ones don't.
>  Is there a coho cookbook available anywhere?

>Stephanie Fassnacht
>Village Cohousing
>Madison WI

Best I've seen is "Moosewood Restaurant Cooks For A Crowd"from the Moosewood
Restaurant, a pretty well-known mostly vegetarian & fish restaurant that
happens to be about 2-1/2 miles from us. It gives recipes for 24 people at a
time and tells you all the tricks of expanding recipes for more people. It's
not always "double everything for twice as many people". It gives
measurements in both weight & volume, talks about nutritional needs, menu
planning for seasonal availability, etc. Publisher is John Wiley & sons,
Inc. and it's probably available at most large or alternative bookstores.
cove price is$34.95 US.
It's probably used for half or more of our CH meals.

Ray Gasser
EcoVillage at Ithaca