RE: Work levels
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousclassic.msn.com)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 22:05:57 -0600
Catherine touched on something important that I want to highlight:
See said:  I also like gardening -- and at what point
does gardening stop being "work for the community"  and become me pursuing my
personal hobby, whether it is in the community garden or no?

A very wise community elder, named Patch Adams, offered me some excellent
advise on this subject at the 1993 international celebration of community. He
basically said, the more people follow and find their joy in the community
tasks, the more likely you are to succeed.

So one practical thing to do is to hold a meeting, and have people write down
things they get joy in doing. This is also a good meeting opener, where you
have folks write down their name on one side of an index card, and then answer
the question on the other, then the facilitator collects the cards and group
tries to guess who is who based on the answers to the questions. Fun!

Rob Sandelin
Cedar Village Permaculture Retreat Center (forming)
Who gets joy from writing, playing music, hanging out in nature, and playing
with children...among lots of other things.