Not eating common meals. yechh.
From: Patty F Gourley (maranepjuno.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 22:59:40 -0600
I have learned a lot from John Poteet's comments on the list, especially
about food, cooking, stoves etc, and I found his closing comment to be
surprising:

>Where I no longer eat at common meals.  yechh.

Can you go into some detail about why you don't?

As a burning soul who's looking forward to common meals this summer when
we move in, I HOPE that our meals will be fun.   I also know they can be
a shitload of work, not always  delicious and often chaotic.  So, do you
have some words of wisdom for those of us who haven't experienced common
house meals yet  (only potlucks---years and years and years of endless
potlucks).

 How do we keep common meals enjoyable and NOT yechhy?

Warmly,
Patty Mara Gourley
Tierra Nueva Coho, San Luis Obispo County, Central CA coast

Where the common house is being framed, walls are up, stairs to the
second floor too.  Home foundations are being poured any day now.  22 out
of 27 units are sold or reserved. .