common house refridgerators
From: Patty F Gourley (maranepjuno.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 16:44:58 -0600
Dear List,
At Tierra Nueva we are now about to purchase a refridgerator for our
common house.  We are looking at several options and need feedback from
groups already using their common house.  In a past post someone
mentioned the irritating loudness of a commercial refridgerator in
someone's common house that had to be unplugged when gatherings were held
because it is so loud.  Anyone know where that is?

The options we are looking at are a "commercial for home use"
refridgerator  (no freezer), brand name of Northland, 26 cubic feet.
Cost ballpark, $2500.    And also, some of our members are interested in
a Sunfrost, or Ventfrost,  carried by Real Goods, because of its energy
efficiency.

Any advice out there on what to avoid, what to look for, etc?

Tierra Nueva has 27 homes.  With 22 of our 27 units sold or reserved we
have currently:  36 adults and 19 children.  We really don't know how
many of us will be regularly attending common house meals, but we have
high hopes that it will be popular and well attended.
..
What kind of capacity (size of refridgerator) do you think we should
need?  (We already have the donation of a chest freezer).

Thanks so much for all input.

Warmly,
Patty Mara Gourley
Tierra Nueva Coho
San Luis Obispo County, Central CA coast