Re: common house refridgerators
From: Willie Schreurs (WillieGreyrock.org)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 01:02:17 -0600
> From: Patty F Gourley <maranep [at] juno.com>
> Subject: common house refridgerators
> Date: Monday, January 19, 1998 3:43 PM
>
>  In a past post someone
> mentioned the irritating loudness of a commercial refridgerator in
> someone's common house that had to be unplugged when gatherings were held
> because it is so loud.  Anyone know where that is?

That was at Nyland.  Their commercial refrigerator was in the back of the
kitchen facing the dining room.  I don't think large gatherings were a problem
(they generate enough of their own noise), but small meetings directly in front
of the kitchen were.

> Any advice out there on what to avoid, what to look for, etc?

At Greyrock we got the largest of the home refrigerators, a bottom-freezer
model, and new, so it's fairly energy-efficient.  We'd probably have to get
another if we ramp up the meal schedule.  Our fridge is in an alcove next to
the kitchen, facing *away* from the dining room.

    /\                        Willie Schreurs                        /\
   //\\ <Willie [at] Greyrock.org>(H) <WSchreurs [at] vines.colostate.edu>(W)
//\\
  ///\\\            Greyrock Commons, Fort Collins, CO             ///\\\