Re: Ethnic mix
From: Leslie Mendoza (wolfsingerap.net)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 23:20:34 -0600
Hola Pam,

Thank you for answering my query...I was taking a small unofficial poll and
the only responses I received were from California...not sure what that means...

At 12:01 PM 1/21/98 -0600, MelaSilva wrote:

>>Work like you don't need the money,
>>Love like you've never been hurt,
>>And dance as if no one is watching.
>
>Leslie, thank you so much for that marvelous quote. Do you know the author?

The above quote was gifted to me last mother's day (I am mother to two and
grandmother to two) by a good friend of mine and I have striven to remember
to live by it since...good words they are...

>Here at Southside Park we have 70 members, 38 adults and 32 kids. Out of that
>number, we have  2 Black, 1 Japanese, 1 Vietnamese and 1 Mexican member.
> We had hoped for a much larger ethnic mix, but it is tough to achieve. We
>have such a huge number of friends and relatives visiting that we hope the
>next generation of cohousing will have an easier time with an ethnic mix.
> We do have an unusual mixture in many other ways, including 9 adopted
>children!

This is good to hear...I have always been interested in the concept of
cohousing, but being a student (yes, I have returned to academia) sort of
puts a dint in $$$--...and no apologies, but I have always lived very simply
(ie. not a home-owner) as do many other Native Americans that I know...I
thank you for your response and wish you well...

>Pam Silva
>Southside Park
>Sacramento

Walk lightly and dream deeply,