New Zealand group
From: Robin Allison (ecohousingxtra.co.nz)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:23:10 -0600
Thanks for the mention on the list about the Waitakere Eco-Neighbourhood
Project. We're a very dedicated group working on a cohousing project in
Auckland, New Zealand (Waitakere City is in west Auckland and has an
'eco-city' policy). With Katie and Chuck coming over to run a workshop
with us in February, and a rising tide of enthusiasm for the project, we
feel we're on a roll and are actively looking for land. It could all
come together very fast! (after 5 years of preparation).

We are certainly open to the idea of some people buying a unit and
renting it out - indeed we see that as a way of making it accessible to
those who are very keen on the concept but don't have the capital to buy
in. We haven't worked out the finer detail of who would then get voting
power and on what issues - the owner or the resident. Does anyone have
suggestions about that?

As for residency requirements for NZ, the embassy would be the best
place to ask.

But how sustainable is it to commute between the US and NZ?

Since cohousing hasn't yet made it onto the ground in NZ, it's great to
have access to all your combined wisdom and humour through this network.
Cheers!

Robin Allison
Waitakere Eco-Neighbourhood Group
Auckland, New Zealand