RE: common meals
From: Mac Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:24:15 -0600
Rob Sandelin wrote:
> I would second what Judy said. Community dinner is NOT about gourmet
> meals. Its about sharing community around a meal.

I agree with Rob and Judy to a certain extent that the dinner company is
the thing, not the food being served, but won't better food bring out
more people?  I appreciate John Poteet's comments because there's
obviously a lot of culinary wisdom there that could help people serve up
some tastier dishes.  John, have you shared this wisdom with your own
community in an attempt to make those common meals something you'd want
to eat?

Rob, you often talk about how poorly run meetings eventually drive
people away from attending those meetings.  I would think that common
meals would be similar, the better the experience, the more people will
be attracted to showing up.  And the quality of the food certainly
contributes to that experience (along with ambiance, company, kid
control, etc.).

No need to martyr our taste buds on the cross of community.  :-)

--
           Mac Thomson                   San Juan Cohousing
           ganesh [at] rmi.net                Durango, Colorado

 "Life is of no value but as it brings us gratifications.  Among the
most valuable of these is rational society.  It informs the mind,
sweetens the temper, cheers our spirits, and promotes health."
                          - Thomas Jefferson