Capped Equity
From: Robin D. Ellison (Robin.D.EllisonDartmouth.EDU)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 13:42:11 -0600
Our group in Hartland VT. is discussing Capping Equity on the resale of homes
in the future.

I have only seen equity caps tied
to initial subsidy, with the intent that the subidized homeowner not profit
from the subsidy, thus also retaining the subsidy to the next purchaser.

Has anyone see or been part of a system that caps unsubidized homes?

If so how has it worked?  What are the equity issues?   Were people happy with
the process.

It would seem that to cap a house build at full market price would lower the
price to the next buyer, but at the expense to the person who paid for the
construction.

Robin Ellison
Hartland Co housing
Hartland Vt.

Six commited households, three ready to go through our "clearness" process, 250
acres sustainable farms and forest. Hiring the design team.