Re: Renters / limited equity coop
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 11:24:00 -0600
On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob wrote:

> It seems to me that the scarcity of renters in the more traditional (and
> alas, more common - I think the N street model is the way to go!)
> cohousing neighborhoods has to do with the amount of work involved in
> making it happen. Four years into this project, the only thing that keeps
> me going is the idea of living there. I can't imagine going through this
> amount of work, anxiety, and financial risk to own rental property.

I too hope to see both the new construction and retrofit cohousing models
flourish.  It occurs to me that some sort of coop / limited equity
coop / or some hybrid structure might provide some of the benefits of
rental in either model.

Fred
Who lives in a house we've owned for 20 years. We hope to develop
retrofit cohousing and are looking for cohousing occupant for second house
across the street that we own (rental or sale).  WE've recently decided to
merge our Racial Dialogue (FOR related) with our potluck supper.

ALSO (switching to list mom role):  Denise and others, please try to limit
the amount of quoted material in you messages...
Cohousing-L  See www.cohousing.org        and      nbhd-tc  the
Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list. See www.freenet.msp.mn.us