Some do and some don't
From: MelaSilva (MelaSilvaaol.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:21:58 -0600
In a message dated 98-02-09 05:46:55 EST, Ellen writes

>What would you do about a household where one partner is very keen and
>has agreed to be on committees,  attend meetings, etc, but the other
>partner isn't willing to do any of that?

This is extrememly common. We just accept it. Actually, after 4 plus years, 2
of our least interested members have begun joining in. Since one of those
people is my partner, I sure am happy that this community just accepted her
for who she is, and didn't try to make her attend meetings, etc.

Pam Silva
Southside Park, Sacramento